CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Taking It Off Together #13

Well overall the group did FANTASTIC! Me??? not so much. I gained, but I did lose in the body fat category. I also received a wonderful gift from my inlaws for my birthday (which was a week ago today), but it didn't arrive until yesterday. I got a Wii Fit Bundle and I had a fabulous time working out for over an HOUR!!! I am soooooo sore today too, but that's not a bad thing. My hubby worked out for 30 minutes and "Big Stuff" and "Little Bit" worked out right besides us too and laugh out loud when one of the Miis that was "running" with us fell down in a fantastically laughable fashion too. I'm hoping that this will push me to exercise more than I have been. Now, here are my results:

Beginning Weight: 264.4 lbs
Last Week's Weight: 213.6 lbs
This Week's Weight: 216.2 lbs
That's a GAIN of: 2.6 lbs

TOTAL Lost since October 8, 2007: 48.2

The rest of the group did MUCH better and here is Leigh's post:

"Last week we announced a contest where everyone who reported a LOSS had their name added to a drawing for a lot of 100 Mary Kay samples! The motivation worked! Nearly everyone reported a loss this week. So we will have the same contest this week. Just remember that maintaining doesn't count, sorry!

The names of this week's "losers" were dropped into a coffee cup and this week's WINNER is Ciara!

And check it out! We had an over all loss again this week! Congrats to Cheryl for being this week's biggest loser of 4 pounds!! Be sure to cruise over to her blog and congratulate her!

Chris - 4 GAIN
Tammy - 1 LOSS
Life With Hashi-Thyroid Blog - 0.4 LOSS
Grace - 2.6 GAIN
Leigh - 2.0 LOSS
Clara - no report
Dette - 0.5 LOSS
Julie - 0.8 LOSS
Cheryl - 4 LOSS
Audrey - 0 CHANGE
Christy - 1.6 LOSS
Tina - 1.4 LOSS
Danielle - 1 LOSS
Jessie - no report

And please give a warm welcome to Steph who lost 2 pounds this last week!

This week's total - 8.1 LOSS!!"

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the excerising! If you keep that up you will lose in no time.

Pam said...

you are so lucky to have a wii fit. i wish the nintendo gods would see fit (no pun intended) to bestow upon me a wii and a wii fit. LOL i think that it would be fun, and it will really help you w your efforts.

2.6 is not that bad of a gain...easy to get off next week. i have every confidence! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh - Happy Belated Birthday! I bet you'll love the Wii Fit - I have it on my wish list for Christmas. :) Let us know what you think of it!

No worries about the gain - we have a whole new week ahead of us, right? PLUS - your overall loss numbers are stellar! :D

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! I want a Wii Fit Bundle!!

myspoileddogs said...

Wii fit sounds like so much fun. I had my first shot at wii tennis a week or so ago. It's lots of fun and keeps you moving!

Good luck with the exercising! Keep it up and you will reach your goal!

Unknown said...

Julie - I'm going to try my best! I let you all know how I do in that area too.

Ciara - Thanks for the vote of confidence! It's been fun so far. BTW, I loved your pun...intended or not.

Dette - Thanks for warm wishes! I've love the Wii (it was my b'day present last year from my in-laws, but I think hubby and the kids have taken it over...that won't happen with the "Fit" or at least I'll have my set time on it at night :-) ) Yes, my in-laws spoil me, but hubby's an only child (not by choice, but that's a post in and of itself) His parents think of me as another kid, sorta, and my parents think of my hubby as another kid (just like they think of my brother's wife and my sister's husband as "extra" kids...my siblings and I are "the original 3", but I digress). I'll let you know what I think about it, definately.

Leigh - If you ever come to visit you can use it! I'm just hoping that I don't treat it like I did the treadmill (all gung- ho and then pfft! ) Oh, you know it's all Audrey's fault...she got me hooked on it when we were visiting for the family reunion. I've had my Wii for over a year now, but thought that the "Fit" was just a little silly until I tried and then that's what I wanted (I asked for Christmas, but they found it sooner and didn't know what else to get me for my birthday so I was a little shocked.)

Unknown said...

Christy - I missed your comment! Sorry! I'll let you know what I think once I've had a little more time with it! I love my Wii (bowling, and Mario Cart have been my favorites so far), but this was unlike anything I've ever done even with those. The categories are yoga, strength training, aerobics, balance, and favorites (which end up being your most commonly done exercises). It measures weight and BMI and if you do some other form of exercise outside of Wii Fit you can add that to you exercise log on Wii Fit which is really kind of cool, I thought.

Sorry, I'm still a little excited...I'll try and contain my enthusiasm :-)

Chris said...

Hey we can still get back on track. I gained 4, so lets try to make this coming week better. Way cool on the Wii tho! We have one, but my son hogs it all; he likes Brawl these days. sheesh !

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm part of baby leaves hot for the holidays and I'm check out the other bloggers who is doing this challenge.

Well to see what I'm doing I have a link on my side bar to my fitday.

I don't own a scale but I'll be going to the doctor later today. I have plug ears and a drippy throat so I will get on their scales.
But I do take my measurement and they've gone done.

Congradualtion on your award.

If you have time stop in for a moment and the coffee is on.

Clara said...

Sounds like you'll have that weight back off in no time. Just the excitement might do it! You are sooooo lucky to have the Wii and the Wii Fit. I may have to put that on my Christmas list.

Cheryl said...

Fat loss is great! Muscle does weigh more than fat! Anything that can make exercise fun is a good thing, especially when you can get your whole family involved!
You are doing great.