CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Weight Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I know it's not April but...April is Autism Awareness Month

In honor of Autism Awareness Month I will be doing the following:

POSTING MORE THAN I NORMALLY DO ABOUT AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS (aka ASDs)

I came across this blog, and one of it's purposes is to create a greater awareness of autism. Autism affects 1 in every 150 births and is the fastest-growing developmental disability. By creating awareness, parents and other people would have a better understanding of the disorder and the children they affect and hopefully, gain more commitment to support further studies, treatment and programs. Now with that information in mind she is



So I am participating in this and even though it is only March I thought that I would let everyone know that

On April 2 Autism Speaks will Celebrate World Autism Awareness with Day-Long Series of International Events
- New York Stock Exchange Bell-Ringing
- Shafallah Center Celebration
- and “Walk on the Web” Highlight Global Awareness Initiative

To learn more click here!

ALSO

Others, like myself, who have taken on this effort as well are listed below as well as on my side bar...please take some time to visit their blogs as well:

3 comments:

Elle said...

Hi Grace --

This post gave me an idea. I have a friend and fellow Cub Scout Den mom whose son (one of twins) is autistic. I may ask her to guest post on my blog about her experiences raising Elijah during April. She's mom to three others, and has another on the way.

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to your posts!

Casdok said...

I hope it raises a lot of awarness